GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE HOUSE, LOT, FEATURES, RENT AND SALE PRICE
For sale in El Valle de Antón, Panama: a large, modern, fully furnished house
I am offering my furnished house for sale in El Valle de Antón, Panama. For those who don’t know, El Valle is a lovely town of about 7,000 people, 90 minutes outside of Panama City, the capital of Panama. El Valle sits at 600 meters elevation in the bed of an ancient volcano, and has a pleasant, cool climate.
El Valle is a resort town and a popular weekend destination, and as a result it has many nice restaurants and a thriving crafts market. It’s also a place of amazing natural beauty, with a hot springs, waterfalls, and surrounded by misty, forested mountains. There is an established expat community in El Valle and many interesting activities such as classes in cooking, paper making, glass staining, and yoga.
The lot is 1,500 m2 (16,145 square feet) with beautiful mature trees of all kinds, including papaya, eucalyptus, bananas (the banana trees produce a small, uniquely flavored banana called “guineo de manzana”), and various berry bushes.
The house is 260 m2 (approximately 2,800 square feet) with three bedrooms and three baths. The house was designed by a Panamanian couple in which he was an engineer, and she was an interior decorator. Their expertise shows both in the practical elements of the design, and the many decorative flourishes. Some of the house’s features:
- Convenient location two blocks off the main road and close to the center of town. Everything is within walking distance.
- House has a raised foundation to prevent flooding in the rainy season.
- The yard has a system of french drains beneath the surface to carry away excess rainwater.
- Plenty of windows providing lots of light. Panamanian-style homes tend to be dark inside. Not so with this house. Also, many of the windows afford wonderful views of the surrounding mountains.
- Ceiling and wall lamps everywhere, both inside and outside the house. Many of the lamps take the form of birds such as chickens and owls.
- Split AC’s and ceiling fans in each bedroom. (A split AC is a type of high-end air conditioner that works by splitting the hot side from the cold side of the air conditioner. The cold is inside, while the hot is outside, with the two connected by a narrow duct through the wall. Since the compressor is outside, the AC unit is quieter and much more pleasing to the eye. It’s also more efficient and will really cool the room fast). Anyway, you won’t need the ACs most of the time because of El Valle’s pleasant climate, but on the hot days they can keep you comfortable if you choose.
- New washer and dryer just installed in 2012.
- New hot water heater installed in 2012.
- Almost every room in the house has ceiling fans with lamps, including the bedrooms, bathrooms, living room and foyer.
- Stone flooring and teak cabinets in the bathrooms.
- A huge kitchen with a large island and plenty of counter space. Refrigerator and microwave were purchased last year.
- Large living room built in a unique “patio style” that allows the breeze to pass through, and with very high ceilings; this room is cool year round. There is also a loft above the living room that can be used for storage.
- A barbeque in the living room and an exhaust fan to take away the smoke.
- Plenty of closet and storage space.
- High speed internet connection via MobilNet. All you have to do is change the service to your name.
- Telephone line. Many people rely on mobile phones, and El Valle has a mobile phone store, so it’s your option to activate the landline or not.
- Furniture includes rustic-style couch and chairs, built-in tables and seating, rocking chair, hammock, kitchen stools, two beds plus sheets and pillows, nightstands, television cabinet, large television and DVD player, small desk and leather office chair, three UPS devices and several surge protectors, lamps, Vornado floor fans, quality cookware and silverware from the U.S., garden shed equipped with tools, and more. It’s turnkey. You could move right in with the clothes on your back.
The house is currently rented to an American expat. She is an excellent tenant and takes good care of the property.
An excellent maid and gardener help to care for the house, keeping it maintained and clean. They have worked in this house for several years and know it very well. They are both honest and hard working. You are not required to employ them of course, but if you do then you will not find better employees anywhere.
By the way, Rosa (the maid) would be happy to cook for you as well if you like. She has really branched out her cooking skills over the years and can prepare very nice Panamanian food, Chinese stir fry, Italian, salads and even vegetarian. When I’m staying in the house I give her money in the morning and she goes to the local open-air market to buy fresh fruits and vegetables and cook them up the same day.
The side door has a small pet door built in, with a latch to keep other animals out at night.
The sale price is $300,000.
If you are interested please contact me via the form on the contact page, and I can make arrangements for you to see the house.
- Wael Abdelgawad, El Valle de Anton, Panama